Pages


About Me

My photo
Farnham
http://www.lvincent.co.uk/ http://lvincent123.blogspot.com/

Monday 26 December 2011

Update _ Forest

The overall film seems to be coming along nicely and should be finished within the next few days! The forest scenes have taken several days to complete due to all the different 3D layers and lighting effects.

One version of the forest scene took over 45 mins to render and is composited of over 100 layers... 

(Below) Compositing the forest. Each tree has to be treated within a 3D atmosphere as the several z axis are manipulated back and forth to create depth. Motion blur etc has to be added to create the illusion of depth spacing and movement. 

I find myself getting rather lost within this jumble of layers and arrows, though, I think I'm slowly getting into a routine and suitable workflow. 


The lighting for the forest scene is paramount for its success. The idea of the film is to contrast the dark and grubby streets of Croydon with the bright and striking colours of the natural forest.


One imporatnt scene in the film is when autumnal leaves begin to fall from the tree canopy as the whole scene fades to orange.

After much head scratching I cut out several autumnal leafs using photoshop.

Once composed onto a new composition I could play around with the 3D space and motion paths.


The organic floating nature of a leaf was hard to acheive though with the help of the rotation and scale tool  I was able to achieve this piece of animation - by no means perfect but should work well upon my forest composition.

The animated autumnal leaves were then composited onto the forest scene and tweaked to fit in.




The scene is coming along nicely - still lots of adjustments to do, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment