Pages


About Me

My photo
Farnham
http://www.lvincent.co.uk/ http://lvincent123.blogspot.com/

Friday 4 November 2011

Character Design 01

After researching and analysing the recent 'British Gas' adverts, I have decided to construct my 'Zoe' character in a similar simplistic puppet style!

Over the past week I have been busy constructing and designing character designs in photoshop.

I have used different images off the internet to create fabric texture etc for the character.

The body of the puppet will be in a cut out style and the head will be a photograph.

Different photographs of the head position will be captured and used as 'replacement heads' for different expressions etc.










(Above) Tall/upright character design. I used an image of brown fabric to cut the coat out of. Each cut out section represents one layer on Photoshop.

Once I had cut out all the shapes from the various fabric images, I used the Blending Options' tool to create shadow, as well as highlights and further texture.

<-I am really pleased with the character design to the left. Here the character is much more squat and I feel has a much more likeable appearance. This design still needs tweaking (Feet need to be worked on and hands need a little more refining) I used a filter off 'Photoshop' called Cutout' to make the head look a little more cartoony! I am unsure whether to use this filter or keep the head 'raw' with no effects.

(Below) I composited one of my character designs onto After Effects. I wanted to see if these designs could be animated. Using the pin tool I located several joints which allowed me to move the shapes in an organic nature.
I pushed the puppet tool to the limit and made some very strange poses!


(Below) Creating the body of a 'Zoe' character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment