Pages


About Me

My photo
Farnham
http://www.lvincent.co.uk/ http://lvincent123.blogspot.com/

Sunday 27 November 2011

Testing out the first scene (Farnham - Croydon)

The 'establishing' first scene involves a wide shot of a dusty and dirty street of Croydon. Zoe walks from right to left down this street as heavy pollutants billow out of chimneys in the background.

The whole scene must be believable showing how urban Croydon is.

When I come to design and animate the bright and colourful forest scenes later, this will make a fantastic contrast with theses polluted scenes.

The chimney smoke acts as moving footage, I am carefully making sure I meet the assessment requirements

I even added in a little train running past at the beginning - little subtle things like this really bring the busy streets of Croydon to life - though, I have to be careful I don't distract the audiences attention too much!

Zoe walks across the screen. I have not animated my puppet yet as her legs/arms etc still need adding, though I think I've worked out the timing and the composition.



^This scene includes a lot of my own photography, I did not want to pinch loads of images off Google.
This is because I can observe the buildings themselves in real life and shoot certain specific camera angles.
(note: the scene will cut directly after she exits scene)

However, I am living in 'leafy' Farnham, a town not known for its big industrial concrete masses.
By planning my efforts on 'Google Street View', I set out to find the shots I needed to make my composition.
I found a few back alleys around the back of Iceland in Farnham. By shooting various different camera angles etc I pretty much had a good library of 'Croydon' street photographs.
The little concrete strip at the top is
 the wall of a multi-storey car park, in the clip above this
is  a railway bridge






The composition looks good, though now I need to add in a sense of depth. Therefore, I need to chop some parts up furthermore and create a virtual camera. Some buildings need cleaning up and the shop signs look a little 'stuck on' so I need to blend those in bit more.


No comments:

Post a Comment